dot com error when trying to upgrade firmware

jparker

dot com error when trying to upgrade firmware

Post by jparker »

I'm getting a .com error when trying to check for new firmware. I've currently got 4.16 and know that 4.17 is there but keep getting this error. Anyone have an idea what this could be?
travispape
Site Admin

Re: dot com error when trying to upgrade firmware

Post by travispape »

jparker wrote:I'm getting a .com error when trying to check for new firmware. I've currently got 4.16 and know that 4.17 is there but keep getting this error. Anyone have an idea what this could be?
I don't recognize that error message, do you mean "Server not available right now. (Com error)"? Make sure your internet service is working and make sure that you don't have any firewalls blocking iBike.
jparker

Post by jparker »

Yes it is the server not avalible error-sorry for not putting that in. Is it a firewall issue?
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

jparker wrote:Yes it is the server not avalible error-sorry for not putting that in. Is it a firewall issue?
It could be. If you have a firewall that blocks iBike from having Internet access, it would cause that error message. You would also see the message if the computer does not have Internet access; however, if you are reading this on the same computer with the error message, that is obviously not the problem.
jparker

Post by jparker »

I'm guessing it's a firewall because everything else is working fine. It's a new computer with Windows 7 and I've loaded everything for iBike opertion into it and everything works except getting new updates from the web. I'm not sure how to disable a firewall, I know just enough about a computer to be dangerous so I probably need a little coaching on this one :!: Thanks any help :!: :!:
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

jparker wrote:I'm guessing it's a firewall because everything else is working fine. It's a new computer with Windows 7 and I've loaded everything for iBike opertion into it and everything works except getting new updates from the web. I'm not sure how to disable a firewall, I know just enough about a computer to be dangerous so I probably need a little coaching on this one :!: Thanks any help :!: :!:
I sent you an email yesterday, but maybe isn't a good address for you. Let me know if you are still having trouble: tpape@velocomp.com
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

Ok, I talked to the customer and we figured out the problem is that the proxy server checkbox was checked. For most home networks, this should be unchecked.

Travis
jparker

Post by jparker »

I just wanted to thank Travis again for taking the time to call me and work through this issue :D and as I told Travis last night that their customer service was by far the best that I had ever delt with and that I was really impressed with the ibike computer,software,updates on the firmware,warranty etc... :!: :!:Thanks again and keep up the great work :D :!: Jeff