FAULTY TILT

saakal

FAULTY TILT

Post by saakal »

Hi

My unit has a fault in the tilt readings! Is it possible to repair it or is it just junk now?

Regards

Rene
lorduintah

Re: FAULTY TILT

Post by lorduintah »

First reason one of these shows up is that the mount is not secure. Every time you have to press the meter, it can change the tilt ---- if the mounting is loose.

Check that - go in to set up and to a tilt calibration - if you keep getting bad tilts - pay attention to the meter sliding around.

Tom
saakal

Post by saakal »

HI

Thank you for the anwser!

But I cant even calibrate it!!!
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

You should try doing a tilt calibration on a table top. Perform all the steps that you would while the iBike is mounted - except by placing the unmounted iBike on a flat surface.

If you continue to get the same result, do a Hard rest - flip the battery over momentarily in the battery compartment and then put it back in the proper way. Repeat the same table top process of checking the tilt.

If you get a good result form this check - then the unit is working and you are moving or doing something else while the iBike is mounted that is leading to your problem. If this fails to get a good tilt - then I suggest you send a note directly to Velocomp for a possible return/exchange of your unit.

tom
saakal

Post by saakal »

It just shows Oo% all the time!
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

I am not sure you are doing a tilt calibration at all.

Power up the iBike - press the center button and wait for the battery check and the wind calibration.

When all three rows of numbers finally show, press the top button until it the screen reads set up. You shold then see Cal Wind and on the top row a number.

Press the top button again and tilt will be display along with some value at the top of the screen.

Put the iBike on a table top an turn the iBike around in a circle - the tilt should change a little.

Press the center button and the screen should say hold still. After a short while the screen will say turn 180 degrees. Turn the iBike on the table so that you swap up and down ---- the buttons and screen now should point in opposite directions - if the button was close to you 0 it should now be far away.

Press the center button again and wait until the screen say turn 180 again. Rotate the iBike on the table back to the first position and then press the center button again. Wait and after a short time, the screen should flash GOOD tilt.

If none of this happens, you either do not understand what to do or your iBike is not operating properly - I can't help you any more than this.

Sorry -

Tom
saakal

Post by saakal »

Did like you said but it still shows only Zeros no mater how you turn it! Is it possible to fix it?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Sounds like you need to return the unit to Velocomp. You should contact customer support.
Fernando
saakal

Post by saakal »

How long does it take them to anwser emails?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Email Tom Gore at technicalsupport@velocomp.com

He will respond promptly.
John Hamann
saakal

Post by saakal »

Email sent to technicalsupport@velocomp.com 02.04.2012 but still no anwser!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I will check with Tom, but in the mean time email me too

jhamann@velocomp.com
John Hamann