Restore original downloded file

flysplat

Restore original downloded file

Post by flysplat »

I have transferred a ride from my Powerpod to Isaac and deleted the file from Powerpod.

I then added gps data by merging gps and other data (using a gpx file) and saved the resultant file.

I've now realised the merge gpx file didn't include the first few miles of the ride so I want to revert to the original Ibike file but Return To Original Download doesn't remove the merged data.

Is there a way to do this once the merged date file has been saved?
lorduintah

Re: Restore original downloded file

Post by lorduintah »

Check the computer directory where your ride files are stored - there may very well be an original version there that you can star over with,

Tom
flysplat

Post by flysplat »

The ibr file saved on my pc is the updated version, following the addition of GPS date from my Garmin computer.

I've tried using Analyse/Return To Original Download but it doesn't work. Is this because I saved the updated file?

Is there a way to Return To The Original Download once updates/amendments have been saved?

I have attached the file in case anyone has any suggestions.
Attachments
Velocomp_05_02_2024_1026_26_Miles.ibr
(600.81 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

flysplat wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:24 am The ibr file saved on my pc is the updated version, following the addition of GPS date from my Garmin computer.

I've tried using Analyse/Return To Original Download but it doesn't work. Is this because I saved the updated file?

Is there a way to Return To The Original Download once updates/amendments have been saved?

I have attached the file in case anyone has any suggestions.
If I understand you correctly, you'd like to merge again a GPX file (though the second GPX file may be different from the first which is already part of the .ibr ride file).

I suggest trying another "File/Merge GPS File..."

Alternatively, if you're saying that, for some reason, the first few miles of your .ibr file have been lost, and you've erased your PP, I'm afraid there is no way to recover the missing portion of the .ibr file.

Note that if you recorded your ride on your Garmin, then the .FIT file likely includes the entire ride.
John Hamann