Wired and wireless

MultiRider

Wired and wireless

Post by MultiRider »

I purchased a standard iBike from Performance Bike back in November. I got it up and running and was instantly hooked by the data available for training. Within weeks, I wanted HR displayed with everything else, so I upgraded to the wireless kit. I've been using the wireless kit ever since.

Recently, I dug the wired mount back out and installed it on a second bike. I turned "Wireless" off, calibrated it for wheel size, did a bunch of coast-downs and a 4 mile out-and-back, created a profile for Bike 2, and used it on another ride several days later. All seemed to be working well.

I switched the profile back to the Bike 1, including wireless, rode Bike 1 a bunch of times and it worked great. Switched the profile back to Bike 2 to ride the other bike and it doesn't work. No speed, no power, no nothing. It sits there for a while and then turns itself off.

Is there any reason a wired mount would quit working just because it has been sitting in a box for a few months? I'm very frustrated because I really wanted to have power on the second bike. But the iBike simply quit working on the wired mount and won't come back to life. It still works on the wireless mount.

Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks!
Jim Mason
C'dale SuperSix, Specialized Transition, Ibis Mojo, Orbea cx
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Wired and wireless

Post by travispape »

Check to make sure the wheel magnet is close enough to the speed sensor to work. You should be able to hear a faint click in the sensor as the magnet passes.

If you hear the sensor click and the iBike is installed on the mount and it still doesn't pick up the speed signal, that would indicate that the wire is damaged.