Why is it so difficult to swap from bike to bike w/wireless?

Brodirt

Why is it so difficult to swap from bike to bike w/wireless?

Post by Brodirt »

I know the theory is that you can take the head unit from bike to bike to bike, but the practice is entirely different. If I dont switch profiles before the ride my head unit either doesnt pick up the signal from the G speeed/cad sensor or if it does it does randomly in the middle of the ride. Why have an option of "switch profile after ride" in the analysis software if switching bikes without already switching profiles is so hard?

My firmware suggestion(s) profile switching on the head unit....that and memory clearing from the head unit, or automatic FIFO data overwriting.
racerfern

Re: Why is it so difficult to swap from bike to bike w/wireless?

Post by racerfern »

Not only do you have the wireless sensor codes, you also have the profile for the bike. So to get reasonable results on the ride with a different bike you need that profile that also happens to contain the wireless info.

If you happen to not switch profiles, you can always "find" the sensors out on the ride and then switch profile when you get home so that you have the correct profile for wattage. Obviously at that point having the correct wireless codes is moot.

I agree, your firware suggestions are awesome.
Fernando