4 mile ride and profile editing

Brodirt

4 mile ride and profile editing

Post by Brodirt »

Is it possible to add a 4 mile ride to a profile without doing any coast downs? See, I did a 15 mile out and back time trial yesterday and with the carless, marked and measured course I think it would be a perfect new 4 mile ride...only the software wont let me calculate it. Any recommendations?
alback

Re: 4 mile ride and profile editing

Post by alback »

I believe the coast files are required to set up the profile numbers, where the 4 mile calibrates the tilt and wind against elevation and speed. I don't see it creating a profile on its own.

If you have coast files in your log, it could allow you to select a different 4 mile to create a new profile?

Alan
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

Since all of your rides are going to be processed based on your profile, we have set up the procedure for making that profile to give as accurate results as possible. To that end, it is necessary to do both your coast-downs and your 4 mi ride using the same tilt cal and wind offset cal in the same ride outting. Also, you should not remove the iBike from the mount between the time that you do your coast-downs and your 4 mi ride. What we are going for is the exact same riding tilt and wind measurements for both your coast-downs and 4 mi out & back. When the calibration data is processed, it is all treated as one set of data.
rruff

Post by rruff »

On the other hand you can modify the wind scaling and the riding tilt if you consistently get a bias. This is all that the 4-mile is for.

Or... you can do another set of coastdowns and 4mile on that course and see how it looks... why not?