returning to bike program after phone call.

Edtandy

returning to bike program after phone call.

Post by Edtandy »

If I interrupt my bike session when a pohne call comes in the bike program returns but with no monitoring... heart rate, speed etc.... I have to open cover and pull out my Iphone and restart program.... The current data is there.... but are you aware of this? Is there a setting i don't know about?

Thanks Ed
jlbeau

Re: returning to bike program after phone call.

Post by jlbeau »

Ed--I have the same problem and asked before on the forum see "Odd Problem V 1.07". I tried John's solutions and they did not work for me. For know I am just waiting for a new update and see if the next version will fix the problem.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We can't fix a problem we cannot replicate.

We use this feature without problems. It works 100% of the time. Any additional details on your difficulties would be appreciated.
John Hamann
Edtandy

Post by Edtandy »

Hi John,

The issue happens when a phone call comes in and I answer it. Did I mention that I am using headphones from Bozeman? When returning to bike the program restarts but doesn't recognize HR or the other sensors. If I open the case and pull out the iPhone and replug it in the bike program recognizes the sensors and asks I I want to continue,

That is all that I know.

Ed
franky

Post by franky »

When returning to bike the program restarts but doesn't recognize HR or the other sensors. If I open the case and pull out the iPhone and replug it in the bike program recognizes the sensors and asks I I want to continue,
Hi,

that's exactly the same problem I have. see my post : "always on feature". But no solution at the moment. I am using latest software updates (bike app and firmware) and iPhone 3gs latest build. Maybe the 3gs is a/the problem?

I don't know anymore. What I do know is, that it is annoying because when you get a call you cannot answer cause you loose all you're ride data.

hope we can get a solutions soon!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Do you answer the phone using bluetooth a bluetooth headset?
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please do the following:

1) Make sure you are using iBike app 1.0.7, and firmware 1.2.17. You can confirm this in the Options/Version Info screen of the iBike app

2) While riding the bike with the iBike app working, click the home button. This will cause the app to quit

3) ride for about 30 seconds, then relaunch the iBike app.

4) if all is working well you should see a message saying that your iBike information is being updated. After a few seconds you should be back to normal.

Please report back your findings!
John Hamann
franky

Post by franky »

1) Make sure you are using iBike app 1.0.7, and firmware 1.2.17. You can confirm this in the Options/Version Info screen of the iBike app

2) While riding the bike with the iBike app working, click the home button. This will cause the app to quit

3) ride for about 30 seconds, then relaunch the iBike app.

4) if all is working well you should see a message saying that your iBike information is being updated. After a few seconds you should be back to normal.
John,

I tried this but without any solution.

when I return to the app the screen is blanco. nothing is on the screen, not a message, not a figure form Heart rate, cadence, power or speed. just a blank, black screen.
Only when you pull out the phone than the app comes back to record speed, HR, ... . So without ejecting the phone , I got not any details on my screen.

hope you can find the problem.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It sounds like your iPhone is not making constant connection to the Phone Booth. Please return your PB to us so we can check it..
John Hamann
franky

Post by franky »

I just got a brand new phone booth...
here are 3 people with the same problem, could it than just be a hardware problem? hope not ;)

can we check be ourselves if the phone booth makes constant connection? or other tricks to detect the problem?
Edtandy

Post by Edtandy »

I tried the fix and it didn't work. I don't think it is a connection issue. As it works perfectly until a phone call is answered. It seems to be a software issue and resetting by puking out unit is the only thing that works.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

For those people in this thread who are having problems, please email me at jhamann@velocomp.com so that I can help you.
John Hamann