2 Noted Problems, Tilt and gps elevation

sdcerreta

2 Noted Problems, Tilt and gps elevation

Post by sdcerreta »

I have the Dash CC model. When trying to calibrate the Tilt function it says function is not supported for Cycling Computer iDash model. Is this true for the CC?

When I use GPS elevation the reading is always at 764 feet. My home town is 2385 feet. Why is this happening? I go into advanced options and try to set a Reference Elevation, but no matter what I put in this field the GPS display always reads 764 feet. I was under the impression that the CC does not let you get elevation or wind, but why does the app have that option to calibrate those? Furthermore, why does the red X change to a blue check mark when you press the button to perform the operation?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: 2 Noted Problems, Tilt and gps elevation

Post by Velocomp »

Tilt does not work on the CC (there is no tilt sensor).

Elevation is set automatically by GPS and cannot be changed. It sounds like you might be reading 764 meters, which is about 2385 feet.
John Hamann
sdcerreta

Re: 2 Noted Problems, Tilt and gps elevation

Post by sdcerreta »

Thanks for the update. Is this a bug then? The data display measures "Elev (GPS) ft"

I tried to change the units of measure, but can not find an option to do that. The only choices are GPS = Elev (GPS), Latitude, Logitude.

Does the reference elevation setting do anything on the DASH CC? If so, am I supposed to put in the current elevation for my current location, or Zero for sea level?