Using a Newton, a phone app, Isaac, and MapMyRide?

jazclrint

Using a Newton, a phone app, Isaac, and MapMyRide?

Post by jazclrint »

Hello,

I know I've been a bit prolific today, and thank you for the quick responses. I have been slobbering for a Newton for a while as an upgrade to my iSport, but budgets are budgets, and I'll have to wait.

However I am curious as to how things may work, or the best way to use them if I was able to get one. I use Android phones and MapMyRide. I do like it better than Strava, mostly because I have been using it for years, and because I know I am slow and I don't need to do the battle of egos over at Strava to know that. Also, my phone is 2.1 with no hope of an upgrade, and Strava's app only supports 2.2 and higher.

Anyway, how do most people use their Newton with phone apps to combine GPS info, and then load it into MapMyRide?

Thanks,
Rich
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Using a Newton, a phone app, Isaac, and MapMyRide?

Post by Velocomp »

Hopefully racerfern will chime-in; he is an expert with this!
John Hamann
racerfern

Re: Using a Newton, a phone app, Isaac, and MapMyRide?

Post by racerfern »

I'm back from vacation! IMO the best way would be use an app for Android called My Tracks. It's actually a Google app and will export in GPX or TCX format. From there you would merge with the Newton data in Isaac then export the finished product as a TCX. From there you're on your way.
Fernando