battery stability?

rons

battery stability?

Post by rons »

when the Newton is not in use how long should the battery hold its charge? I note that when my battery is left uncharged it falls constantly if not recharged. What should be the expectation on the % charge loss per day/ week? between charges to 100%.
racerfern

Re: battery stability?

Post by racerfern »

I've seen about 10%/wk of discharge. I've not gone longer than two weeks without using it.
Fernando
rons

Post by rons »

for me this time of year is not outdoor riding ie lots of snow, and my trainer gives wattage so at this point I have not used the Newton for a bit and I would seem to be seeing about 10% per week as well.
Great to hear it seems normal.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Even when it's "sleeping" the electronics need to be on, a little bit, so that they can be awakened by a button push.

This drainage is normal, and we recommend that you plug your Newton into a charger every two weeks, to keep its battery fresh.
John Hamann
rons

Post by rons »

thanks for the advice John, I tend to do this whenever I see he unit slip down to about 80% or so I charge it back up to 100% with a USB/ AC charger.
texmurphy

Re: battery stability - winter

Post by texmurphy »

I have had some recent riding experience at 22°F (-5°C) with overcast so there was no sun warming (White Newton+).
At power-on the Newton+ reported 95% and finished at 84% after 4+ hours.

There seemed to be no change in any of the sensor recording which I often found with the iAero's analogue sensors in the cold.
Very pleased!