Feature request

still-chasing

Feature request

Post by still-chasing »

Is it possible to have the option of displaying "normalized power" instead of "average power" in the user interval? It would be useful when doing intervals on the fly instead of resetting the unit and keep clicking back to see NP. Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Feature request

Post by Velocomp »

When you're doing intervals you're probably pedaling almost continuously. If so, Average Power and Normalized Power should be nearly identical.

Are you doing a different kind of interval training?

Please post a ride file of one of your interval training rides and we will take a look.
John Hamann
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

Hi John, no, I'm doing just a regular tempo ride intervals. Here's the file. There is about 10 w difference between Avg power and NP on both intervals.

Thanks!
Attachments
NewtonIII_03_09_2014_0827_Tempo_45_Miles.ibr
(585.91 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Normalized power generally doesn't work well for intervals, especially less than 10 minutes. It takes a fair amount of time to get settled in and is easily skewed on short periods. For a long ride it's a great metric that gives a good idea of effort.

I think you're better off with AP and do your best to maintain smoothness.
Fernando
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

thanks Fernando. I just thought it might be a good feature to keep track of pacing especially for long course training with breaks in between. I did 2 intervals in the file. One 45 min and the other 39 min. I thought I was under performing in each interval until I downloaded the file and checked Isaac. How about adding "NP" in the "Avg-Max" button while on a user interval in "fit train"?