one million mile ride!

Ferg

one million mile ride!

Post by Ferg »

I am using the new gen 2 iBike on a wireless mount. I am starting to have problems with the data. Often when I download the ride it will have bad data that shows the mileage either positive or negative at more than a million miles.

I think that it is happening when during the ride, the screen grows dimmer and slightly shakey. I believe that this may be caused by vibration. It happened occasionally on my first generation iBike as well. The battery readout is good. If I notice it, I can grab the unit and it will stop and the screen returns to normal.

It is easy to see where the problem is by looking at the heart rate spike in the data. I have attached two files.

I was using softwate 2.0.6 and my iBike firmware was 1.16. I have since updated both to the most recent.

Any ideas?

Ferg
Attachments
iBike_2008_07_05_0837_52_Miles.csv
(985.58 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
iBike_2008_07_07_0923_bad_data.csv
(484.03 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: one million mile ride!

Post by Velocomp »

This happens very, very rarely. We'll forward your info to our firmware developer.
John Hamann
Russ

Post by Russ »

Gee,
I want a bike like yours !!!
What kind do you have ?

:-)

Russ
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

Ferg wrote:I am using the new gen 2 iBike on a wireless mount.
Hi Ferg,

Did you get this resolved? There is something fishy going on.

Travis
Ferg

Post by Ferg »

I talked to John the other day. He suggested that there was a possibilty that the battery was not seating well in the unit. So, he suggested that I wad up a small piece of paper and place it between the battery and the the battery door. So far, it has worked flawlessly.

What appears to have been happening is that the battery would lose contact and tsince I have an older wireless mount, the battery in the mount would take over. It does not have the power to run everything very long, so then I would get some really strange reading. If you have had an iBike for very long, then you know that when you don't have enough power from the battery, things go south very rapidly.

Ferg