none

alienator

none

Post by alienator »

no post
Last edited by alienator on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be an organ donor. When you're dead, you won't need 'em.
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Got my bungee cord and I'm off to the local college tower...

Post by travispape »

The data certainly would have helped. (If you happened to press the accept button on the window for downloading coast-downs and you are using 2.0.7, then a *.ibcd4m file was automatically saved in your calibration rides folder.)

Most often bad coast-downs are caused by a bad tilt calibration or a bad wind offset, but it sounds like you were careful with these. Just make sure your mount is stable.

Check to make sure your battery isn't getting low.

Check is that your speed sensor is close enough to the magnet. Did the sensor get bumped away? You would see speed spikes in your downloads if your speed sensor is itermittently missing magnet ticks.

It doesn't take much of a tailwind to mess up coastdowns. A calm wind day is very desirable; however, if there is a small wind make sure you do your coastdowns into the wind.

Also, you don't want your coastdowns to last too long so don't do them downhill. Level to very slightly uphill works best.

And it is hardly worth the ink (err, electrons?) to write it down, but make sure you aren't taking any pedal strokes during the coastdowns. (We've seen it all.)

If you have trouble again, be sure to save a support file (*.ibcd4m file).

Travis
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

Was your speed getting "stuck" as you were coasting down? I had this happen a lot when I first got the ibike and I found changing the magnet solved it. Now, all my coastdowns are within .007 on the aero value.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
alienator

none

Post by alienator »

no post
Last edited by alienator on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

alienator wrote:I sent Travis a *.ibcd4m file, but since it appears my mail server stopped receiving--and maybe delivering--email, earlier today, I dunno what he cogitated about it.
I sent an email to you to forward your s/n to John. Your accelerometer data is definitely messed up. I'm wondering if you have a unit that got out of the factory missing one calibration procedure, which happens to be the same problem that Boyd had one time.

Travis
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: I've got my M-15 and I'm off to the local college tower...

Post by Velocomp »

This may seem a strange response to this topic, but while I understand the frustration of the situation, and the eye-catching headline of the topic, I think that making allusions to violence in forum postings is both inappropriate and unnecessary.

Anyone can get our immediate (and hopefully rapid) response to problems simply by emailing us offline at jhamann@velocomp.com.

Please remember that these postings are fully public. It's OK to be provocative but unnecessary to be excessive.
John Hamann
alienator

none

Post by alienator »

no post
Last edited by alienator on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alback

Post by alback »

Alienator:
Is there any way you can change the title of this thread? As you state, it is only a joke, but clearly not one in good taste. It does nothing to direct fellow members of the forum to your topic?

Not sure how it can be done but the title should be changed, or deleted and re-started as your topic has interest.

Alan
alback

Post by alback »

Alienator:
Thanks, now that is funny!

I had bad coasts on my ibike pro when the road surface was really rough with cracks. On my iAero it would freeze at a speed during the coasts (about 3 of the 15) and I would have to reset.

You state the road is smooth, so the roughness doesn't apply. What about the batteries, I thought I read somewhere that coasts shouldn't be attempted while there is marginal battery strength?

Could there be a moisture issue?

Alan