iBike stuck in data setup

theredmiata

iBike stuck in data setup

Post by theredmiata »

I just got back from an errand and noticed that my iBike was still powered up, (display is showing) even though my ride finished about 3 hours ago. So, I decided to try and download my recovery ride and no go (no communication with the iBike). I pull the battery, put it back in and the iBike does it's normal boot up process and stops at data setup. I tried a different battery and still the same result. I attach the data cable and tried to communicate - no luck. I then pull the battery and attach the cable and still I cannot communicate with it. After 20 minutes, the iBike is still showing data setup. What else can I try?

Regards,

Ian
racerfern

Re: iBike stuck in data setup

Post by racerfern »

That was addressed by a previous firmware upgrade. Check to see that you have the latest. I believe 1.15 had that issue (at least I did on mine) and in 1.16 that issue went away. I have since gone to the "G" version without any issues.
Fernando
theredmiata

Post by theredmiata »

I was already at v1.16.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Don't tell me it's still on :!: What did you do?
Edit:
Ian,
I realize that "What did you do?" sounds a lot worse than I meant it to be. I was asking at what point you were, not suggesting you did anything wrong. I could have chosen better words for the question. Anyway it sounds like John will get you handled.

Good luck.
Last edited by racerfern on Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please send me an email offline. We probably need to replace your iBike. jhamann@velocomp.com
John Hamann